[clug] Fwd: Linux assistance

Neil Pickford neilp at goldweb.com.au
Wed Feb 13 05:56:06 MST 2013

I think you will find David means over at the old driver training
facility on Sutton road,
anyway my memory is that it is the residents of the Ridgeway near
Queanbeyan that
complain loudly and often whenever any significant noise emanates from
the valley below.

There are people living up on the Ridgeway with B&K instruments trying
to find a way to shut down any motorsport occurring in the valley.

As to the problem - sounds like a good application for some shell
scripts monitoring the serial port, cron jobs to report the data and the
Round Robin Database (RRDTool) to store the data and present it nicely.

Neil Pickford.
VK1NP