[clug] .com vs .org

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Tue Feb 5 04:01:12 MST 2013

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 04:25:32PM +1100, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> And you trust a registrar/reseller who doesn't follow the legal
> requirements for registering a domain name - to manage your domain name,
> and look after your credit card details?
It was an org not org.au (I and others have made the difference in
previous emails) .org is used for a lot of software projects which is
what the domain was for.

Actually if I wanted an org.au and the registrar didn't care then,
hypothetically I wouldn't either. I know that some might find that
troublesome. org is cheaper anyhow.

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org