[clug] .com vs .org

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Mon Feb 4 21:54:55 MST 2013

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 02:05:01PM +1100, Conrad wrote:
> I do not believe the same to be true for .com and .org domains. I've never registered a .org though and it may be that there is some evidence required to qualify for one.
For an .org domain they ask you two things:
  what .org do you want
  what is your CC number.
(ok a bit more than that but you get the idea)

I registered one a week or two ago.  Maybe its a bit tighter for com.au;
it used to be but I don't think that even applies now.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org