[clug] Problem getting a working IPv6 connection

Dale Shaw dale.shaw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:29:34 MST 2013

Hi again,

On Feb 3, 2013 12:39 PM, "Simon Fowler" <sjjf at himi.org> wrote:

> I'm using a single NIC (eth0) with a couple of VLANs trunked to it
> from a switch, one each for the two internal networks. My current
> server only has the one NIC.
>
> Simon

OK. I suppose since IPv4 works and IPv6 link-local works that there's
probably nothing wrong with that part of the setup.

I still think it's worth taking eth0.2 out of the DHCPv6 config. Does
eth0.2 have an IPv4 address? (if so, what for?)

Whether you replace eth0.2 with ppp0 in the DHCPv6 config is up to
you. Try without first. It should 'just work'. Burning up a /64 for
the PPP interface is optional.

Cheers,
Dale