[clug] SparkleShare vs. Dropbox

Chris Barton chris at gredil.net
Sun Apr 14 18:22:47 MDT 2013

I set up an ownCloud (http://owncloud.org/) server about  a year ago. I
wanted Dropbox without the capacity limitations and the data under my
control. I've been very happy with it. I just checked then and don't
appear to have the additional SS overhead you mentioned. Runs SSH,
Linux, Windows, Android (although I don't use it mobile) lots of auth
options, lots of plugins (which I don't use).

To answer your question when I used DropBox I didn't notice any
significant storage overhead above the stored files. Just general config
stuff.

Chris