[clug] Open Source Android Backup S/W

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 17:41:22 MDT 2012

On 17/10/12 10:21, jm wrote:
>>From the FAQ (
> http://wammu.eu/docs/manual/faq/phone.html#are-andriod-phones-supported ):
>
>   Unfortunately no at the moment. Any help in this area is welcome.

I'm surprised you can't get at the address book and messages in USB mass
storage mode. Motorola, Samsung, HTC, LG usually allow that mode.
I guess it varies dependant upon the make and model of the phone. (my
phone runs Linux and can be accessed with AT commands, but it's not an
Android).

> Was looking promising. Even if the first mention that the back up was
> from the phone is on page 238 of the manual. Every other mention of
> backup before that leaves the source of what is being backed up unspecified.
>
> I'll have to keep looking.

An alternative might be to backup all your contacts and messages from
the phone to the SIM, then tranfer the SIM to a device that can be
accessed by Wammu i.e. most USB Modems[*1], another phone.

Except the newer Ethernet over USB ones unfortunately.

<snipped>

Kind regards