[clug] GNOME 3 in trouble according to El reg. True or a beat up?

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 17:01:14 MST 2012

On 11/11/12 10:22, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 11/11/12 01:19, Hal Ashburner wrote:
>> Can I also say, as someone who uses and recommends Gnome 3, that every time
>> I've used KDE 2, 3 or 4 I've found it highly agreeable and usable and
>> consider it a job well done.

<snipped>

> 1++  and thanks for articulating something I find extremely irritating.
>

>> But obviously I'm not very nice at all and I'm really am sorry for that.
>
> Nice? Or just not in agreement with a minority of vocal, overly
> conservative, self-centred, ignorant, Askholes who get upset every time
> something changes.

<snip rant>

Just to clarify - I've never read anything from people like that (what
Hal was describing) on this list.
I don't object to people disliking changes - or being dismayed at not
being able to find what they want. Apologies if any of the posters to
this list thought I was targeting them.

>> Hal

Both.
El Reg is not above creating controversy.

<quote>
Apple's poisonous Touch silently kills the GNOMEs of Linux Forest
Penguin Ewoks slaughtered in the woods
</quote>

<snipped>

Kind regards