[clug] GNOME 3 in trouble according to El reg. True or a beat up?

Chris Smart clug at christophersmart.com
Sun Nov 11 13:25:04 MST 2012

On 11/11/12 19:07, jhock wrote:

> Some of my windows now have the minimise, maximise and close icons in
> the top right hand corner of the menu panel. This is what I really miss
> in the later Ubuntu versions.  Did one of your commands do this and if
> so is there a command that I can run that will apply these icons to all
> the applications that have windows?

It was this one that Andrew posted:
# fix window button positions and focus
gconftool-2 -s /apps/metacity/general/button_layout --type=string
menu:minimize,maximize,close

After you've run that, it should be permanent until something
specifically changes it back.

Note that if you're using GNOME 3, it won't be gconf, it'll be dconf and
a different setting that you need to override with a schema.

-c