[clug] GNOME 3 in trouble according to El reg. True or a beat up?

Hal Ashburner hal at ashburner.info
Sat Nov 10 07:19:53 MST 2012

Can I also say, as someone who uses and recommends Gnome 3, that every time
I've used KDE 2, 3 or 4 I've found it highly agreeable and usable and
consider it a job well done. To be fair, likewise winfce. I'm sure I'd have
no issues with many of the other x.org window managers and so on.

I'm sure there's a reason for the fuss that seems to burst out every couple
of years about "linux GUI/Desktop environment/whatever" but I've never
worked out what that reason is beyond silly ones. Maybe it turns out that
I'm not a total muppet (although probably mostly that way) so can work out
how to use whatever-it-is *before* passing judgement on their UI decisions
and drafting mail to lists using words like "evil" "death" "stupid",
"retarded", "chemical fire", "drugs", and "steak with chips".

I'm a bit unorthodox in that I look for good things. I say, deal with that
you f**king muppet a-hole blow-holes who take another approach other than
finding the things you like and using them.

But obviously I'm not very nice at all and I'm really am sorry for that.

Hal