[clug] Flaky Asus Transformer Prime TF201

Ben Davies bdcrux at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 21:10:44 MST 2012

Ooops!

Excuse my late response, I've not been using the device for a fair
while. It is running Android 4.1.1 and it is still flaky.

Recently, I had a page open in Firefox, and noticed FF was
automatically updating in the b/g. Pretty soon after the download
ended, FF just closed without warning and dumped me back to the main
screen. Upon a restart, all the tabs were lost, except for ones from
the session /before/ the one that crashed.

Reboots/shutdowns still happen if the device is left unattended for a
while. Just recently with MX player paused on a lecture vid, I came
back to find it at the start/lock screen as it had rebooted (over
about a 4 minute window). I tried pausing again a few 5 mins later to
test & and the device shut itself off completely.

This is while it is plugged to the keyboard, I haven't tested if being
'undocked' has an effect.

Googling showed others had the same problems with rebooting etc,
although I have no idea how widespread this is.

Ben