[clug] Web server optimisation

daniel.subs at internode.on.net daniel.subs at internode.on.net
Thu Mar 22 21:22:11 MDT 2012

 The following is my slides from last night.
http://www.slideshare.net/grooverdan/clug-2012-march-web-server-optimisation
Thanks to all those that attended.
other things I though of:DNS needed more explanation - added info.
If you are seeing 5 second or increment delays check dns (thanks Bob).
EDH is a CPU expensive but more secure (perfect forward secrecy)
cipher that you may disable if this level of security isn't required.
gziping/compression - shouldn't occur between server and reverse proxy
but should be between reverse proxy and client Also check utility of
compressing compressed jpgs etc and compressing small files (