[clug] Internet connectivity

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 00:29:27 MST 2012

Recently my internet is playing up: websites not finishing loading,
IRC and IM clients continually disconnecting, etc.

I thought it might have been an ISP (MyNetFone) issue (as there was
some unscheduled downtime recently), but their tech support guy in
Sydney says that it all looks good on their end, and if anything my
speeds have been *increasing* over the past few days.  The only
suggestion he's made is that I try with another modem (which I don't
have).

As such, can anyone suggest any pointers in trying to track down
what's causing the problem? (kernel config, software issue, modem
issue, etc.)  Nothing I've tried seems to work, and it doesn't help
when I try and ask for help on IRC but it then disconnects :s

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com