[clug] database backups with git

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Jun 7 20:31:01 MDT 2012

The main issue addressed through incremental backups and "maintain X weeks worth of backups" is the growth of the backup set. Does fit have a convenient way of collapsing old versions in order to save space? How much new or changed data is being added each time?

I have already experienced the problems of machines that stall due to well-intentioned but clueless people running backups with no plan to cull old backups. These problems can be addressed by monitoring disk consumption, routinely culling over-full directories, etc. better to not allow a problem to occur in the first place

Alex Satrapa | web.mac.com/alexsatrapa | Ph: 0407 705 332