[clug] Can't mount an encrupted backup file system

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Fri Jun 1 22:43:09 MDT 2012

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for your response. Pleas see answers in line below:

On Sat, 2012-06-02 at 12:14 +1000, Carlo Hamalainen wrote:
> On 02/06/12 10:32, jhock wrote:
> > I get the following in an error window:
> >
> > "Unable to mount 1.0 TB Encrypted
> > Error unlocking device: cryptsetup exited with the exit code 255: No key
> > available with this passphrase"
>
> 1. Does the encrypted drive mount ok on the old eeePC?

Yes.

> 2. I know you installed the old package list on the new eeePC, but did
> the versions of dmsetup/ecryptfs/etc end up the same? What does
>
> dpkg -l | grep dmsetup

ii  dmsetup                                2:1.02.39-1ubuntu4.1
The Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library

> dpkg -l | grep cryptfs

ii  ecryptfs-utils                         83-0ubuntu3.2.10.04.3
ecryptfs cryptographic filesystem (utilities)
ii  libecryptfs0                           83-0ubuntu3.2.10.04.3
ecryptfs cryptographic filesystem (library)

> say on each eeePC?

Its the same on both eeePCs.

Thanks.

John