[clug] Can't mount an encrupted backup file system

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Fri Jun 1 21:19:00 MDT 2012

On Sat, 2 Jun 2012, jhock wrote:

> - Load Ubuntu 10.4 from USB iso file
>
> Everything worked just nicely up to this point. I then plugged in the 1

You might check the type of encryption used; the default changed at some
stage.  If you're changing ubuntu versions, this might be the cause...

Can't see why this would affect getting the key, but....

The default *was* aes-cbc-plain

Here's a snippet from my offsite-backup script:

cryptsetup create -c aes-cbc-plain -y $cryptname $devicename

> Jhock

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.