[clug] [OT] all text passwords == secure?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Aug 27 16:09:36 MDT 2012

> That article is pretty good, but it completely fails to mention how to
> generate the master password for the password manager.

I have a Yubikey (from linux.con.au 2011). When I trigger it, it
produces a repeatable sequence of of 40+ lowercase ascii characters.

Often wonder if that could be used as a master key.

Yubikey's demo page( http://demo.yubico.com/php-yubico/one_factor.php
) suggests it can be enhanced with a password, or username/password
but for me it is all "too hard" and fraught with complications if you
lose the Yubikey

--
Owen