[clug] Debugging WINE

Adam Baxter voltagex at voltagex.org
Fri Aug 17 23:45:15 MDT 2012

Does anyone have any experience debugging WINE? I've got an installer
that's hanging with the following output:

voltagex at horus:~/Downloads$ wine vs_isoshell.exe
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ...,
TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this
apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ...,
TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this
apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW
L"C:\\users\\voltagex\\Temp\\{d2e0df0f-bf0a-4a89-9530-ebf93842c393}\\"
00000000

I don't seem to be able to get it to run the same way stepping through
with winedbg either so I'm missing something here.

Any ideas?

--Adam