[clug] Kubuntu

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Tue Aug 14 03:47:35 MDT 2012

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:33:32 +1000
Keith Sayers <keiths at apex.net.au> wrote:

> On Monday 13 August 2012 Owen wrote:
>
> > Subject: Re: [clug] Kubuntu
>
> > Search Google "Ubuntu change boot order"
>
> 	Thank you for the help - but it was the wording I was seeking
> to change - is that possible?

I dont know as I have never done it.

However, as root, just try editing /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

It normally starts off with "DON"T EDIT THIS FILE"

When you read it you will see entries starting with

   menuentry 'something'

Just pick one that you don't use and try changing the "something" bit,
then reboot to see if it did the trick. (You will need to be root to do
that)

This is not a permanent fix as next time update grub is run, it will be
overwritten

--
Owen