[clug] ACT Map i and SVG

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:58:00 MDT 2011

On 13/09/11 20:07, Alex (Maxious) Sadleir wrote:
> The old SVG version is available at http://203.9.249.3/actmapi.asp
>
> Why did they even buy this $7000+ Silverlight solution (Geocortex
> Essentials)?

Further...
Why did they make the decision to make Internet Explorer 9 the new HTML
compliance "standard"?

Wouldn't w3.org be a better benchmark?

Why did they *not* use OpenMaps for cost reasons alone?

Surely not needing to close html tags doesn't save that much money....
None of the "proposed" benefits of Siverlight can't be done using SVG OR
javascript (note: that as yet many of the original features SVG
delivered features are still unavailable ie. block size measuring etc).

Also, what happened to the *mandatory* WCAG accessibility compliance?
Even http://www.actpla.act.gov.au/help/access doesn't pass