[clug] Booting to Windows SCCM using syslinux / gPXE

Jamie Reid jamie at jre.id.au
Fri Oct 7 22:08:02 MDT 2011

We are using gPXE, it does some nice things :)

Our idea is to have something (at the moment the gPXE config files/scripts
are dynamically generated by PHP) check if the client's MAC address is
'approved', if it is, boot to a custom menu.  If it's not, pass the PXE boot
request to the Windoze servers.

We get close, we have syslinux *almost* successfully booting the Windoze
SCCM; it loads, but almost immediately crashes.  (We had to rename the file
to pxeboot.0 from pxeboot.com)

I think our next step is to try approaching the problem a little differently
and have gPXE do the tests before we load syslinux (currently, we're trying
to pass the requests / boot the Windoze file _after_ syslinux loads, I think
this is where our problem is).