[clug] F15 xfce: suspend does not lock the session

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Nov 12 03:04:08 MST 2011

Having upgraded to F15, and after suffering the gnome3 horror for a few
weeks I finally discovered xfce and got things back to "comfortable".
What a relief.

I still have some issues though, the most important one is that when
I suspend my machine the session is *not* locked on resume.

I see that I have gnome-screensaver running and no xscreensaver running
(nor installed).

"xdg-screensaver lock" does bring up a lock screen. Selecting "lock screen"
from the session menu also works. So, the feature generally works, just
not on resume :-(

Come to think of it, when the idle timeout kicks in, the screen is blanked
but is *not* locked.

What is the correct way to make this work?

TIA

BTW, I spent much time searching for the answer but no clear official way
to set this up was found.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)