[clug] Optus MyTab and Android 2.2

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue May 10 17:36:10 MDT 2011

On 10/05/11 13:05, Lana Brindley wrote:
> Is it a capacitive screen?

Nope.

> I noticed that Officeworks has the Acer Iconia out now (with
> Honeycomb! Yay!) for
> $547. Wondering if I should fork out the extra or not ...
>
> http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Computers-and-Notebooks/Tablets/ACITA50016

I think these are in two distinct categories. The MyTab is a phone
etc. and can fit into my pocket (even with a 7" screen). The Iconia
is a lot larger and heavier, isn't a phone and is more of a small
laptop. You could use a MyTab (with Android 2.2) to tether an Iconia
via bluetooth or WiFi... (to get Internets on the go).

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.