[clug] Optus MyTab and Android 2.2

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:05:47 MDT 2011

Is it a capacitive screen?

I noticed that Officeworks has the Acer Iconia out now (with
Honeycomb! Yay!) for
$547. Wondering if I should fork out the extra or not ...

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Computers-and-Notebooks/Tablets/ACITA50016

On 10 May 2011 12:55, Robert Edwards <bob at cs.anu.edu.au> wrote:
> Just a quick heads-up that Optus seem to be selling their MyTab for
> around $149 now (including an initial 3GB of data). But the better
> news (for me, who already has one since Dec.) is that they have
> finally released Android 2.2 (Froyo) for it! Yay! Works well.
>
> I would recommend it for anyone looking for a low-end tablet which
> can do most anything, including a very handy eBook reader.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bob Edwards.
> --

Lana Brindley
writer:speaker:blogger
Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one
that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.
--George Orwell