[clug] ADSL router recommendations?

Glen Cunningham glenc at fevo.net.au
Wed Mar 9 02:44:28 MST 2011

G'day Jeff,

On Wednesday 09 March 2011 16:29:15 jm wrote:
<snip>

> http://www.draytek.com.au/
>
> Anyone have any experience with this brand of routers?
>
> Jeff.
</snip>

  My limited experience of Draytek products is positive.  The Vigor120 is a
(semi) industrial-strength DSL modem - very reliable and now reasonably
priced - the 2 that I helped setup 18 months ago are still going strong.
  I was given a second-hand Vigor2910VG which is also very reliable.  It
seems that Draytek use much larger enclosures than other similar products -
the bigish enclosures with better ventilation than the apposition's products
means that Drayteks run very much cooler and can be expected to work 24/7.
HTH
Glen

--
Condense soup, not books!