[clug] SheevaPlug alternatives?

Stephen Gibson Stephen.Gibson at anu.edu.au
Sat Mar 5 15:01:48 MST 2011

I should have followed up on my ATV2 experience (below). The lastest
jailbreak, greenpois0n RC6, boots ATV2 untethered. I think that
Seas0nPass also now boots untethered). It is great!

GP installs PLEX, Nitro, and XBMC. There are apps for VNC (no need
to plug ATV2 into a TV) and python (although, no numpy). I haven't found
a native gcc. I believe that it is possible to compile code for iOS if
you don't mind installing 10G of Apple iOS development evnvironment.
However, I do look forward to a time when Linux boot natively.

At the moment, it's all good. I plan to use ATV2 as a front end for
a TV tuner back end. I haven't nutted out the details of this yet.

ATV2 is a great toy and will likely be a useful system.

Thanks, for bringing it to my attention, Bob.

Steve.