[clug] SheevaPlug alternatives?

Ahmed El Zein ahmed at azein.com
Sat Mar 5 07:06:35 MST 2011

I just stumbled across this:
https://www.genesi-usa.com/products/efika

The Efika MX Smarttop is a cloud computer with the following specifications:

Freescale i.MX515 (ARM Cortex-A8 800MHz)
3D Graphics Processing Unit
WXGA display support (HDMI)
Multi-format HD video decoder and D1 video encoder
512MB RAM
8GB Internal SSD
10/100Mbit/s Ethernet
802.11 b/g/n WiFi
SDHC card reader
2x USB 2.0 ports
Audio jacks for headset
Built-in speaker
Size: 160x115x20mm
Weight: 250 grams

I am thinking of getting one to see how it fares against the new apple
TV Bob was talking about. I can't figure out what the shipping costs
are, but once I do....

Linux Devices have an article on it here:
http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Genesi-Efika-MX-Smarttop-and-Smartbook/

Ahmed