[clug] Kindle 3 WiFi

Antony Wuth foobie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 16:03:53 MST 2011

Felix,

The news for (open) users is not always that bad.

There is an excelent open source product call calibre
(http://calibre-ebook.com/about) which performs much of the management
that you need on your reader - and more :)

Notibly it will convert between formats, upload mobi's and even
re-package data sourced from the internet in a 'local' (in a kindle's
case mobi) format.

I don't believe that it will 'break' the DRM on amazon sourced files -
but then your device will happily pull them directly from amazon (or
you can download and transfer vis usb - apparently)

Antony