[clug] Juniors in Canberra - where to get experience?

Francis Whittle fj.whittle at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 19:53:42 MDT 2011

So these specific positions advertised around are all great and that,
but there seems to me to be a massive gap at more or less the beginning
of the field if you don't have commercial experience already.  So if you
want to gain the specific experience, you have some hard to demonstrate
(in a resume) Linux skills, however any skills you had with MS systems
were, say, obsoleted with the demise of Windows NT4, where can you go in
Canberra?
Am I missing something obvious?  Is the field just that barren?