[clug] Kubunbtu 10.4

Keith Sayers keiths at apex.net.au
Fri Jun 17 13:15:20 MDT 2011

	I have been installing Kubuntu 10.4 from CD to an emptied (i.e. previously used but
now reformatted) hard drive.  All went well right up to the finish line and 'remove CD and
reboot'.  So I did, having rejumpered the hard drive from slave to master, but got this
screenful :
	/init: 12: grep: not found
	/init: 208 egrep: not found
	/init: 217 egrep: not found
	/init: 222 egrep: not found
	/init: 227 egrep: not found
	/init: 231 wait-for-root: not found
	/init: 231: chvt: not found
	Gave up waiting for root device.  Common problems:
	- Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
	    Check root delay = (did the system wait long enough?)
	    Check root = (did the system wait for the right device?)
	- Missing module (cat /proc/modules; ls/dev)
	/init: 231: chvt: not found
	ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/41b54392-6db1-4bf8-b5d6-e6f0e05e409c does not exist.
	Dropping to a shell!
	(initramfs)

	Could anyone diagnose my problem, please?