[clug] Certificate authority re-signing

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Tue Jan 18 18:37:38 MST 2011

 Hi all,

 I've got a puzzle at work which I hope someone knows about. I've
found it a bit difficult to google and a lack of familiarity with
openssl's CA tools makes it harder. To put it this way:

 Is there any point in keeping old certificate signing requests about
for the situation where we have a disaster with the old CA and have to
resign everything with a new CA? Can we generate new certificates
based purely on the PEM info of the old certificates? Or does the
question make no sense?

 Thanks in advance,

 Paul