[clug] Huawei E160e usb modem

Carlo Hamalainen carlo.hamalainen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 00:13:34 MST 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Sharon Doig <po_box_304 at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Does anyone know if the Huawei E160e usb modem will work with Open Suse 11.3? I
> have an Asus PR050 Series laptop. What isp provide support for Linux to connect
> to the internet using a Huawei E160e modem?

Internode sell the E160e with their NodePhone plan:

http://www.internode.on.net/residential/broadband/3g_wireless/nodemobile_data/hardware/

They don't specify Linux on that page but I found that it works fine
with Ubuntu 10.10. I just plugged it in and picked Australia and then
Internode from the network manager. As for OpenSUSE, I'm not sure:
http://lists.suse.com/opensuse-bugs/2010-09/msg02789.html

--
Carlo Hamalainen
http://carlo-hamalainen.net