[clug] Huawei E160e usb modem

jim watson jimoow at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 00:18:39 MST 2011

On 07/01/2011, at 5:50 PM, Sharon Doig wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone know if the Huawei E160e usb modem will work with Open Suse 11.3?

In case it helps - I dont know about 160e, I only know E160G  just works with Ubuntu 10 it uses network-manager (maybe networkmanager on suse?)
It is the same as used for wifi. Open the applet and it  detects the modem and guides you through setup.

> have an Asus PR050 Series laptop. What isp provide support for Linux to connect
> to the internet using a Huawei E160e modem?

If there is no data plan linked to the modem the open your the web browser and it should take you direct to the vendors online store.

Jim