[clug] really cheap linux laptop

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 00:23:34 MST 2011

> I'm one of those guys who is terrified of soldering irons and I want no part
> of the fix described above so what I need is some kind of replacement
> machine.

I read the above and rolled up my sleeves thinking that I'd pipe up
and volunteer to do it for you. After all, I have had many years of
experience with surface mount rework.

Then I read the forum post and saw what is being suggested. Eeep! No way.

Still, if the T42 is going in the bin, I'll have a go at a slightly
less random way of reflowing the GPU. I may well kill it, but if it's
a goner anyway...

--
MC