[clug] very FAT linux filesystems or cluster pixes?

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 01:59:23 MST 2011

On 24/02/11 16:25, Stephen Walsh wrote:

> On 02/23/2011 04:12 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> >
>> > Being limited to ftp and cPanel means I can't really check a whole lot
>> > (eg. can't "ls -lahs" to check for frothy files). The hosting company
>> > won't allow ssh, but do provide Fffrontpage extensions whether you want
>> > them or not, and remote MySQL.
> cpanel still allows you to run cron jobs, have you thought about
> creating a cronjob to run the commands you want to see info from, and
> having it drop it somewhere into the filesystem for you to pull back
> down via ftp?
>
> It's a bit long and tedious, but you should know fairly quickly what
> you're dealing with after a few commands.
>
> Steve
>

> ------------------------------

Good idea. So was the fstab.php suggested by moncojhr.

The smaller accounts don't have the advanced tab (where cron lives), but
I'm guessing they all run same way as they all exhibit the same double
space phenomena...
Note: none of these accounts pay for the extra backup service the
hosting company sells (I find ftp more reliable).

cron job "cat /etc/fstab > ~/fstab_output" gives:-

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 / ext3 defaults,usrquota 1 1
LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap swap defaults 0 0
/var/tmptmp /tmp ext2 loop,noexec,nosuid,rw 0 0
//data1.companynamewashere/servername /backups cifs
uid=root,credentials=/dumbplace/toputplaintextpwdwotswrongwithmd5 cifspw
0 0

Note: I've slightly formatted and somewhat edited the output. As
previously stated, hosting is outside my knowledge area... though samba
for backups (with apologies to the Samba crew) if just um, different -
my only experience with commercial backups was where https used (very
fast, simple, and stable).