[clug] duplex scanner recommendations

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Feb 23 16:19:04 MST 2011

On 24/02/2011, at 10:08 , Robert Edwards wrote:

> Have you used the s1500 from Linux?

No, it's one of those projects on my long list of things to do. Along with upgrading my Ubuntu install from Hardy Heron to something a little more recent, and getting my NSLU2 to boot again (I made the mistake of trying to boot it off a 500GB disk, and apparently its memory is too small to fsck a volume that large). Ultimately I was planning on having the NSLU2 act as the "scanning box" with OCR and PDF-ificiation happening on a desktop box when said power-thirsty device is switched on.

I can't bring the scanner (mine's actually an S1500M, which means it's white and costs more money, but is the same device) to CLUG tonight - I have other plans - but I'm happy to drop it off sometime between now and 18 March so you can play with it for a month. I'm heading overseas so I won't be needing it until May sometime.

Alex