[clug] February Canberra Linux Users Group meeting

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Feb 21 15:00:03 MST 2011

	Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - 24th February 2011

Date:		24th February 2011 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

Time:		19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Speaker:	Owen Cook

Abstract:	Linux From Scratch (LFS) is a project that provides you
		with step-by-step instructions for building your own
		customized Linux system entirely from source. I suggest
		it is more of an educational tool than real live system
		though there have been a number of LFS server
		commissioned, and there are a lot of users world wide
		that use it as their computer system.

		There are a number of side projects, the main one being
		the "Beyond LFS" (BLFS). However most of these are
		neglected, or not up to date, or just no longer
		relevant. The LFS website is at
		http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ - it is at version
		6.7, the BLFS is at 6.3, so to some extent you are on
		your own when extending the LFS.

Venue:		Room N101
		Computer Science and Information Technology Building
		North Road
		The Australian National University

		See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

Food/drink:	Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
		about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you
		want some.

If you would like to give a talk at a future meeting, please email me.