[clug] Installing an Android OS onto a PC

Felix Karpfen felix.karpfen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 12:34:41 MST 2011

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:36:56 +1100, Andrew Loughhead wrote:

> Felix, on my android phone, you hold it so the thin red line appears to
> lie over the top of a barcode, and then hold it steady for *a second or
> two*. It recognises the barcode automatically.

Does not work on my tablet -alas.

I even tried printing out the bar-code and holding the printed sheet over
the red line.

No beep - deafening silence!

> But if you would like to try the kindle app for Android on your tablet,
> then all of this is a diversion.  I'd suggest you enable its internet
> connection, point the browser at www.amazon.com,

That was the start of the journey. And the destination was:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/
ref=red_lnd_shrt_url/178-8114834-6187614?ie=UTF8&docId=165849822

This web-page has the bar-code that my tablet's bar-code scanner cannot
read.

However, there is nothing special about this bar-code; the installed
scanner currently does not read *any* bar-code.

Total defeat!

Felix

> --
> Felix Karpfen