[clug] Installing an Android OS onto a PC

Andrew Loughhead andrew.loughhead at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 05:36:56 MST 2011

Felix, on my android phone, you hold it so the thin red line appears to lie
over the top of a barcode, and then hold it steady for a second or two. It
recognises the barcode automatically.

But if you would like to try the kindle app for Android on your tablet, then
all of this is a diversion.  I'd suggest you enable its internet connection,
point the browser at www.amazon.com, and look for "Get Amazon apps for
Android" under the search box. It's what I see anyway.

Thanks for the news that the kindle app exists. I'm giving it a try now.

On 17/02/2011 9:30 PM, "Felix Karpfen" <felix.karpfen at gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:41:16 +1100, Michael Carden wrote:

> The dealextreme page you linked to show...
If I tap the icon from the opening screen, the screen goes briefly blank
and then returns to its previous display.

Tapping the camera icon is not an option when the bar-code scanner is
loaded (the screen is totally blank except for a thin red line and a
brief message at the bottom of the screen).

Persuading the scanner to read and record the bar-code is still beyond my
abilities.

Felix

--
Felix Karpfen