[clug] Installing an Android OS onto a PC

Felix Karpfen felix.karpfen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:56:32 MST 2011

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:00:06 +1100, Ian Bardsley wrote:

> Whilst I haven't tried it, it should be possible to
> add the Free Kindle App for Android to this and use it to download and
> read E-books. I suggest though your budget Tablet would do this better.

Firstly, I would like to thank both Ben Nizette and Ian Bardsley for
their prompt and helpful replies.

"http://www.android-x86.org/" looks too technical for me, but has links
to "HowTos" that may turn out to be very helpful.

"http://www.ivankristianto.com/os/android/run-android-live-on-your-
desktop/1352/" probably has all that I was looking for.

It is possible that my budget Tablet may do all that I need, if I knew
how to follow the instruction on:

"http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_and_ln_ar?docId=165849822"

which reads:

"Capture the QR Code with your *phone's barcode scanner*".

It is beyond my ability to translate this instruction to something that
will work on my Tablet (full Tablet specs at "http://www.dealextreme.com/
p/7-touch-screen-tft-lcd-google-android-1-6-tablet-pc-w-wifi-camera-via-
wm8505-arm926-42070".

I would therefore welcome additional guidance (especially as many other
applications provide a barcode rather than a URL for downloading).

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)