[clug] OS deployment server

Warren Gardner warrenjgardner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 19:30:34 MST 2011

Not being a computer person I'm not sure if what I'm about to say is
relevant, but:

I have been cloning my newish laptop with Clonezilla from within a Parted
Magic CD live boot. Both as seperate partitions (I'm dual nothing with
Ubuntu and that other one) and as a single image of the whole drive. I
store the images on an external hard drive.

I have successfully messed up my computer, and then successfully restored
everything with one of my clones.

Even if I clone the partitions it includes the hidden partitions for me.

How my images would work on a different computer I dunno.