[clug] Pragmata Pro font project

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Dec 14 00:02:33 MST 2011

Not sure if this is relevant to the list, but I know some folks would like to have a nice font for programming, or even just for terminal windows.

Fabrizio Shiavi is a designer looking for funding for his font project: he's trying to raise $220,000 to finish writing his font at which point he will release the font under a creative commons licence. If the goal is not reached, it will remain a commercially licensed product, with an offer to licence it for $20 to anyone who helps fund the Indiegogo project.

Project is here: http://www.indiegogo.com/PragmataPro-the-ideal-programming-typeface-becomes-open-source

Complete glyph set is here: http://www.fsd.it/fonts/uc/pr+.htm - note it has roman, greek, cyrillic, hebrew, vietnamese, box drawing and other Unicode characters.

I like the font and I think it's worth supporting: with 18 days left I'm not expecting that he'll end up releasing it under "CC BY", since he's managed to raise about $3700 out of his goal.

Apologies if this has no relevance to you.

Alex