[clug] VMware ThinApps: anything like this in the FOSS/Linux world?

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sat Apr 30 02:09:27 MDT 2011

On Saturday 30 April 2011 12:43:06 steve jenkin wrote:
> Does the same functionality exist in the FOSS world?
Can you describe the exact functionality you're looking for? What is the
purpose you'd apply to something like this?

> Can I do something like this for QEMU or anything else?
QEMU would be useful if you want to run an application that is build for
another architecture (either just the app, or a whole OS environment).

Otherwise you might be able to do something with a chroot'd environment, build
from a self-extracting archive (e.g. makeself). Depends on what you need.

Brad