[clug] Dist-upgrade woes - was Re: Advice request on upgrade to Debian Squeez local mirrors?

Felix Karpfen felix.karpfen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:24:55 MDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 6:13 PM, Adam Baxter <voltagex at voltagex.org> wrote:
> At this stage you may want to take the machine somewhere where you can
> use the TransACT or Internode Debian mirror.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I believe that several options exist for "updating to Squeeze" on my setup.

On my posting to CLUG, I flagged the possibility of basing the
"dist-upgrade" just on the packages that are present on the first DVD
- which (with the wisdom of  hindsight) might have worked.

Other options, that would probably work, are:

- use the DVDs and do a "clean install" (rather than a "dist-upgrade);

- as suggested by you, use a Debian mirror.

In my view, I have identified a genuine Debian bug in the Debian
Release Notes and I am quite relaxed about "sitting on my heels" and
waiting for Debian to sort it out.

Kind regards

Felix

--