[clug] Ubuntu compatible laptop

Rodney Peters rodneyp at pcug.org.au
Fri Sep 24 16:20:40 MDT 2010

On Fri 24 September 2010 13:27:54 linux-request at lists.samba.org wrote:
> Researching Toshiba-Ubuntu combinations turns up many complaints about
> overheating, suspend problems, and f-key issues. It appears to be an on
> going issue. Perhaps Toshiba are not interested in anything but Microsoft.
> I cannot find much on this particular model (Satellite A500/031).

Check that you can access BIOS settings via some keystoke combo.  I've come
across one Toshiba laptop where this could be done only via Windows.

There is also a trend in Windows laptops to have 4 primary partitions used
already.  Limits options for installing Linux unless you want to blow Wind
away.

Rod