[clug] Ubuntu compatible laptop

Warren Gardner warrenjgardner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 21:27:49 MDT 2010

Ah a number of the Dell Vostro series are recommended for Ubuntu!!
http://webapps.ubuntu.com/certification/make/Dell/laptops/
I will look into that. Ta  I was a little worried about Dell because I heard
they are made of cheap parts. But I also heard their repair support was
outsourced, consequently if something goes wrong they will just come around
and fix it without all the usual hassles. I get a little confused looking at
all the warranty stuff on maunufactures sites as the small print does not
clearly state.... anything. After my horrible horrible experiences with a
number of Maclemons (and Applecare) I agree extended warranty is often
useless. But I am thinking the same about my Health Cover.

looks like Toshiba are out of the question then.

I too thought the same in regards to Lapyking's name.  But they had that
commercial with the guy siting out on the grass with a desktop computer in
front of him, and that still makes me laugh.