[clug] SFD this Saturday

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:55:06 MDT 2010

On 17 September 2010 10:47, Daniel Black <daniel.subs at internode.on.net>wrote:

> Thanks to all those who said they were coming on Saturday. More are
> welcome.
> Let me know so you can get free entry.
>
> I've updated the plan here:
>

> http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2010/Oceania/Australia/Canberra/CanberraComputerMarkets
>
> For those that are coming please take 30 seconds to read
> http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/CodeOfConduct
>
> As Lana suggested were going to be doing prizes and giveaways. I'm thinking
> for giving away the Tuzs that we require they answer a free softare
> question
> correctly.
>
> I'm thinking a range of questions depending on age group for example:
>
> Which of the following is free software: Outlook, Firefox, Photoshop
>
> Give 3 reasons why software should be free?
>
> What freedoms are you missing on your iPhone/phone?
>
> What is the logo for Linux?

Speaking from experience with giving things away, this might be a little
hard to manage, and people are unlikely to want to answer (also, it implies
this student/teacher relationship which in marketing terms is a no-no. Sorry
to preach). I liked what we did last year - every person who signed up to
the ML got a ticket, and we drew a ticket number from a (red) hat every
hour/half hour. Had to be there at the draw to win the prize.

Of course, I'm happy with whatever you prefer to do, though.

Also wanted to say that if volunteer numbers are low, I might be able to pop
in with my daughter in tow. I probably won't be able to stay long, so
knowing what times you're short on helpers for would be useful.

Cheers! Lana

In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon
the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very
important respects, what they seem to be.
  - Hubert H. Humphrey <http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/1387.html>

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.