[clug] verifying mbox format

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 04:08:14 MDT 2010

Can't you just use pine or claws or any of a number of clients to read
mbox files?  Mutt? As I recall if there is a file named mbox in your
home directory pine will read it.  Claws-mail may be even more
flexible but I haven't used it.

I don't think any actual info from the "^From " lines (the envelop
lines) apart from those first 5 characters and the line number are
necessary or should be used by any programs anyway.  All the info is
in the email headers.

Oh and formail:
http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/formail1.html