[clug] Digital Camera selection help

Scott Ferguson prettyfly.productions at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 01:45:11 MDT 2010

 On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 22:39:55 +1000 Edward C. Lang <edlang_at_edlang.org>
> Hi, On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:25:33PM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>>> </snip>
>> >
>> > Yes. It's for an elderly, non-technical person, with severe arthritis...
>> > changing film or lenses, removing sdcards etc are all out.
> If that's the case, the generally high eye-point on the Nikon [d]SLR
> bodies would probably be an advantage.
>
>> > I should have mentioned that the end user has little feeling in the
>> > extremities (chemo+radiotherapy).
> You might also want to think about getting a little tripod that doesn't
> require incredibly fine motor control (like a Gorilla Grip) and a remote
> shutter release cable to reduce the need to constantly hold the camera.
> The cable could also allow the camera to be worn hanging from the neck,
> which, used with a light wide-angle lens set at the hyperfocal distance,
> would mean almost thought-free photography: just face in the right
> direction and activate the shutter.

Ah, ah, yes! That sounds like just the thing - one piece, could be used
wearing thick gloves.
I can modify/hack buttons etc. if necessary.

> This is kind of like a Holga...

I'd never heard of a Holga before - lost an hour of my life reading
about it and looking at some examples of it's output. Thank you.

>> </snip>
> No worries!
>
>  - Edward.
>

> -- http://edlang.org/
Many thanks - you have been most helpful in clarifying what I "should"
be looking for.