[clug] Pipped at the post? - was A "mount" defeat

Felix Karpfen felix.karpfen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 22:39:14 MDT 2010

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:19:29 +1100, Owen wrote:

> Sorry if this has been asked before, but what sort of output do you get
> from;
>
>   # lsmod|grep usb
>
> I see from the dmesg output you have echi, so try
>
>   # rmmod ehci-hcd
>   # modprobe uhci-hcd
>

> But as I said, haven't closely followed your dilemma

Did that and got:

[root at carrot felixk]# lsmod | grep usb
usblp                  10624  0
usbcore               117616  4 usblp,ehci_hcd,ohci_hcd
[root at carrot felixk]# rmmod ehci-hcd
[root at carrot felixk]# # modprobe uhci-hcd

I reran lsmod | grep usb
[root at carrot felixk]# lsmod | grep usb
usblp                  10624  0
usbcore               117616  3 usblp,ohci_hcd

and, as I expected, I have removed ehci-hcd. I hope that I did not break
anything :-(.

Felix

--
Felix Karpfen