[clug] 5 1/4" SS/DD floppies

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 19:21:47 MDT 2010

> I have a box of five and a quarter inch single sided / double density floppies probably written with a Kaypro II in the middle to late eighties.  I would very much like to extract the files if it's at all possible.  Does anyone know who would have the equipment to do this?

I do know that Dave Pearson at the National Library has been
collecting old hardware for just this sort of exercise, but whether he
has functioning gear for those particular floppies, I have no idea.

There are commercial providers of data recovery services in Sydney and
Melbourne but their fees are usually rather frightening.

--
MC